Gas Cylinder Safety
1. Industrial / Medical / Packaging / Pub gases
- all of the above mentioned gas cylinders are regarded as "High pressure cylinders" and must be carefully handled and stored correctly at all times
- SANS 10231 refers to the Transport of Dangerous Goods- operational requirements for road vehicles
- any damage to a gas cylinder must be reported to your Gas Distributor as soon as possible .Technical staff will remove the cylinder to extract the remaining gas , then move it to quarantine for disposal ( or repair) when neccessary.
- to prevent damage to the outlet valve threads , only good conditioned bull nose fittings are to be screwed into the cylinder valves. Replace the fittings if any leakage occurs
- SANS 10263 : Part 2 - The storage and handling of gas cylinders
2. LPG gas cylinders
- SANS 10087 - refers to the safe handling , storage , distribution & maintenance of LPG in domestic , commercial & industrial installations.
- SANS 10019 : 2011 - Transportable pressure receptacle for compressed , dissolved & liquified gases - basic design , manufacturer , use and maintenance.